Friday, September 1, 2017

Alaskan Wildlife: In Five Pics

Alaskan Wildlife is a major attraction when one visits Alaska. It was for me as well. Before going to Alaska I had an understanding that bears were the most dangerous of all animals found there, but I stood corrected as talked to citizens there. Not bear but moose I should be most afraid of. That was not because of some special skills, moose were just unpredictable. With more than 400 pounds of weight and big antler their reckless action could be threatening to us. In addition, around 800 moose leave within city limits of Anchorage. Nonetheless, I saw bear, moose, reindeer, dahl's sheep, sea lion, sea otter, caribou, salmon, bald eagle, mountain goat, and many other birds. I saw some of them in the zoo and conservatory, while some in wild. The nature was more balances in Alaska than any other part I have been to in the US. The native people understood this balance, as I heard one of the native whale hunter saying, "Whales are very large. One swish of its tail and our boat is gone. We don't hunt a whale, the whale allows us to be hunted so that we can feed ourselves." Enjoy the pictures.
One of the many bird from the coastal trail in Anchorage.

The sleepy bear posing for the camera.
A sea otter saying hi.
An island of sea lions.
First time seeing a pair of romantic swans.

No comments:

Post a Comment